- About The Program
About The Program
Program at a glance
Thank you for your interest in the Professional Science Master's in Forensic Science (PSMFS) Program. The PSMFS at FIU is an innovative program that enables students to pursue advanced training in the forensic sciences while developing highly valued management skills. The program provides a cutting-edge online curriculum in forensic science with coursework in management that is designed to provide professional development opportunities. In addition, the PSMFS students will have access to state-of-the art laboratory instrumentation and research facilities through their participation in hands-on workshops, taught by expert faculty. The program also requires a final project that is a “real-world” internship in a forensic science private or public sector enterprise.
This high-quality, 32-credit professional degree program offers you a valuable education that combines elements from two of our nationally recognized programs: Forensic Science and Business Administration. The program also maintains partnerships with the University of Florida (UF), the University of Central Florida (UCF) and the law enforcement community.
The program is an excellent option for forensic practitioners and other science practitioners and educators interested in professional career development that incorporates cutting edge science.
We invite you to explore our website and learn more about our innovative program and curriculum. Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.
For more information, send an email to email@example.com or contact Dr. Tatiana Trejos at 305-348-0001.
Program Starting Dates
A new cohort will start every fall semester (August) each academic year.
Now accepting applications for Fall 2017, submit your application
Unique Features of the PSMFS Program
• 16-month cohort-based program.
• Online courses with unique practical skills (hands-on components and capstone internship).
• It is designed to provide distance learning opportunities so you can continue working full time while pursuing the degree.
• Provide connections to potential employers through internships.
• Multidisciplinary/interdisciplinary program will equip you to compete for and excel in employment opportunities.
• Emphasizes development of professional skills in: written and verbal communication, expert testimony, forensic science, leadership, business and management.
FIU's PSMFS graduate program is ideal for:
• Professionals currently working in federal, state or private crime laboratories, medical examiner’s laboratories and law enforcement agencies that would like to progress to leadership positions.
• Professionals interested in STEM education.
• Individuals pursuing an exciting and growing career in areas such as DNA/biology, forensic toxicology, medicolegal death investigations, seized drugs, explosives, fire debris, gunshot residues, document examinations, forensic geology, wildlife forensics and trace evidence.